Tech Tip Tuesday – Episode 7 – Tips on how to add apps and links to your personal Clever account
What is Clever?
- Clever brings all your applications into one secure portal with a single sign-on for everyone in the district.
- Students, teachers, and staff get personalized portals with single sign-on to all their digital resources. Programs purchased by the district such as iReady and McGaw-Hill have apps where students navigate to their digital resources.
- Clever gives our district one central place to manage automated rostering and single sign-on through Synergy. Meaning when students move to another school, their digital resources and credentials follow them.
- Clever Badges is our fast, secure way for students to sign in to applications and devices — no typing necessary.
Bradley County Schools recently added Clever to ease the burden of students and teachers logging into multiple programs and having to remember various usernames and passwords. Both students and teachers use their Bradley issued Gmail account to sign into the Bradley County Schools unique Clever Portal that houses their digital customized content.
Teachers can add content for your students to see.
- Navigate to Clever.com and use your district-issued Gmail to sign in.
- On your landing page, you will have three folders created for you: a teacher page (shared with your students), a personal page (visible only to you) and a district page (locked and shared by the district).
- You can edit, delete or personalize your teacher and personal page by hovering in the right-hand top corner and clicking on the gear when it appears.
When you personalize your icon, you can select from stock cartoon animals or upload a personalized one. Find a picture to represent you or your students and save it to your desktop. Next, select to upload and image and search your computer or downloads for something you have created or pre-selected. Be sure your file is a png or jpg file.
Adding resources is a few clicks away.
- Open your teacher page by clicking your individual teacher folder – add a category, link, or app.
- When adding a category to organize your resources, you can browse by subjects, such as math, English, or technology and many more, browse by grade level or most popular.
Do you have favorite resources? If so, quickly access your favorite resources by hovering over a resource in the upper right-hand corner and clicking on the heart. This will move the link or app up to your favorites section. To remove a favorite, deselect the heart from the icon.
Printing K-2 Badges – you have access to your class set of badges. Follow these simple steps to find them.
- First, log into clever with your Bradley Gmail account
- Select your class (for example Kindergarten Class)
- Next, look in the right-hand corner for “Download Class Set of Badges”
- Last, a PDF of your students in first name alphabetical order will be downloaded
Badges are essentially simplified log in cards so please remind students to keep them in a secure location.
Be sure to check out Clever Resources at the bottom of your page:
- Help Center
Clever Academy is a great resource for getting started with Clever, helping your students, classroom management, setting up your portal, and teacher webinars. These tutorials take under two hours and will greatly aid you in mastering the content for Clever.
Use the Clever extension (found to the right of the address bar) when logged into your Google Chrome account. Look for the bright blue icon with a large white C. Simply click on the Clever extension to open and log in with Google.
Special thanks to Monday Night Social for allowing us to use their song “Shutting Down Tennessee” on our podcast. You can find their music on all major digital music retailers and stay up to date with the band by visiting their website: www.mondaynightsocial.com